What are the benefits of dog training?
- Teach your dog to be responsive to you
- Help your dog relax and listen
- Learn good manners around people
- Play safely, share toys, enjoy walks
- The sky is the limit!
What to expect:
- Use rewards to teach new skills and reinforce existing
- Teach your dog to respond to you a variety of ways
- Learn sit, stay, come and other basic manners
- Gain a deeper level of understanding of your own behavior and lifestyle and its impact on your dog
- Improve your communication skills with creativity
- Have a relaxed and happy dog
Once your dog learns the basics, they can do more in the world, like:
- Be a therapy dog
- Play dog sports, like agility and rally obedience
- Do tricks
- Play off leash safely
Common problems we solve:
- Coming when called
- Pulling on leash
- Jumping on strangers (or owners/family)
- Mild separation anxiety
- Fear reactivity / shyness or anxiety
Initial Sessions are $170 for 90 minutes
Subsequent sessions are $115/hour
We service the city of Richmond through the Far West End. Ask us about parts of Hanover, Eastern & Western Henrico, Chesterfield, and Goochland before booking.
First Paw Forward uses gentle, effective methods of dog training based on the psychology of learning.
Positive Dog Training uses rewards to reinforce desired behavior until new skills and behaviors are mastered. Rewards can include treats, toys, and affection, depending on your dog.