offered at the Dude Ranch Pet Resort, Glen Allen
(Dana is a proud staff member of the Dude Ranch Academy)
Skills with Games (basic manners)
Age: 17 weeks +
Goal: FUN, Learning, Games, Stress Relief, CGC Path/Basic Skills, Well-mannered family dog
- STARTS Saturday, March 24, 4:00pm
Age: through 16 weeks old
- STARTS Saturday, March 24, 3:00pm
Age: 6 months +
Goal: Active fun, performance sport, improved responsiveness
(great for energetic dogs & owners, bonding)
- STARTS Tuesday, April 24, 7:30 pm
- STARTS Tuesday, April 24, 6:30pm
All classes run for 6 weeks.
Control on Cue
Foundation 2 / CGC
Age: 6 months +
Goal: CGC test, performance sports, improved reliability
(great for reliable manners, future Therapy and Competition dogs)
Want to prove your dog is a good canine citizen? Our CGC class can help you prepare for the AKC’s Canine Good Citizen certification. Are you are interested in working toward your Therapy Dog certification and getting your Therapy Dogs International (TDI), Alliance of Therapy Dogs (ATD). or Delta Society certification? Do you want to work with Caring Canine’s Therapy group or Sprite’s Hero R.E.A.D. groups? We can help you reach your goals!
CONTROL ON CUE! – An Intermediate class
Let’s channel that excitement! The key to a calm and focused dog is teaching your dog to control and channel their energies appropriately. Is your dog overexcited or highly active and needing an outlet? Do you want the skills in takes to perform better in dog sports? Teach your dog the elements of self-control, body awareness, and confidence while strengthening your communication skills and improving your dog’s reliability with distractions. Class focus is on fun and enjoyment of learning! For dogs that have completed a basic foundation skills class.
Who should attend Control on Cue?
- Dogs that are very energetic
- Dogs that are easily distracted and have difficulty concentrating
- Dogs with a future in performance sports
- Dogs that can be easily overstimulated
- Dogs with poor impulse control
- Dogs that are unfocused or anxious around other dogs
Who should NOT attend Control on Cue?
- Overly-reactive dogs (dogs who are inclined to lunge at other dogs and may snap or bite)
- Dogs that are afraid of other dogs or people