Holistic Puppy Training
– for puppies ages 8 through 16 weeks –
Holistic Puppy Training encompasses the understanding of behavior, the teaching of skills, the assessment of subtle body energy, nutrition, and the exchange of energy/communication between animal and human.
Dana uses an innovative “Elemental Approach” to prescribing balance in your puppy. By applying the concept of elements, which are thriving and innate in all living things in nature, we have a greater perspective of harmony in your puppy and what it takes to set your puppy up for success as he/she begins life with their new family.
Your Puppy’s Basic Needs & Considerations:
- Air: Thought, Focus, Creativity
- Fire: Love, Motivation, Drive (instinct)
- Earth: Constitution, Routine, Habits
- Water: Ease, Flow, Play
Included in your first session:
- Behavior – the science behind puppy and dog behavior – what you will need to know now and in the future
- Skills – a reward-based approach teaches puppies how to learn
- Nutrition – how nutrition affects growth and enhances overall well-being and longevity
- Enrichment – covering play, exercise, love, socialization, and all things in between
- Energy Balance – the importance of keeping your dog’s chakras (energy centers) in balance and an explanation of Reiki healing
Beginning The Holistic Way
In Holistic training, we recognize that the best time to start is right now.
Your relationship with your adult dog begins when they are a puppy, and the head start you give them with puppy training prior to 16 weeks old is the foundation for creating a relationship that is based on authentic and clear communication, trust and understanding, play, joy, love and balance.
What your puppy will learn:
- Learning to listen and responsiveness to owner
- The skill basics: Sit, Down, Come, Stay, Targeting, Leave It, Release, etc.
- Walking on a leash
- Polite greetings
- Impulse control
- Making good choices through positive reinforcement
We also cover:
- Common puppy problems (nipping/biting, jumping up, inappropriate chewing, etc.)
- House training basics
- Essential socialization guidance
- Enrichment games with your puppy
- Setting up sleep and play areas, choosing toys, establishing routines, etc.
Your NEW PUPPY Session is $150 for a 90 minute consultation
(we recommend that you schedule this appointment as soon as you get your new puppy)Schedule Appointment
Existing Clients: Single 60 minute follow-up sessions are $95
Existing Clients: a 4-session follow-up package is $340
We service Glen Allen, Western Henrico, Midlothian and Richmond City. Ask us about parts of Hanover, Eastern Henrico, Chesterfield, and Goochland before booking.
Session packages: Sessions must be used within 3 months of purchase; any remaining sessions after 3 months are forfeit without refund. Should you wish to continue training after this time you will need to purchase additional sessions.
Refund Policy: We do not offer refunds. Should you purchase a package and decide you no longer desire training after an initial session, your remaining sessions are forfeit without refund
Is this training right for you? Let’s get to know each other first! Email or call (804) 719-1PAW for a complimentary phone consult.